This course is AR-15 Level 2: Practical Rifle and is taught by Glen Mizer.
RIFLE SLINGS ARE MANDATORY TO PARTICIPATE IN THIS CLASS
- AR-15 Level 1: Rifle Introduction and Manipulation
- Only the instructor can waive prerequisite requirements.
- Arrive 15 minutes early to get Checked-in.
- Rifle iron or optic sight must be zeroed prior to class. Please note that should there be an issue with the optic holding a zero, the instructor reserves the right to have the student use a rental rifle for the remainder of the class time.
- Please have the SharpShooters USA waiver completed prior to class.
- AR-15 type rifle (should you need to borrow one please note in comments section) **Note: there are a limited number of rifles for use during the class.
- Electronic and foam hearing protection (internal ear pro is recommended with long guns)
No steel cased or steel projectile ammunition allowed
- AR-15 style rifle (a rifle sling is recommended)
- Rifle Sling
- Eye protection
- Rifle must already be zeroed at 25 yards
- Minimum 5 dummy rounds
- Minimum of 2 magazines
- 220 rounds ammunition (No steel cased or steel projectile ammunition of any kind is allowed)
- Knee pads (recommended but not mandatory)
Maximum Students: 8
This course is not designed for the beginner level shooter. The course is ideal for the intermediate level AR-15 owner who desires to continue on the path of mastering their rifle. The entire class will be conducted on range, and require a minimum of 220 rounds of ammunition. (No steel cased or steel projectile ammunition of any kind is allowed)
This class intentionally maintains a small student to instructor ratio to ensure each student receives the necessary attention from the instructors. The entire class will be conducted on the range. Please wear clothes you do not mind getting dirty.
Instructional topics and drills include but not limited to:
*All training will focus on the shooters primary hand/side
- Firearms safety
- Load and Unload Firearm
- Alternate shooting positions
- Shooting while moving
- Weapon controls manipulation
- Clearing malfunctions
- Use of cover and concealment
- Understanding dead space
Your path to becoming a Sharpshooter won’t stop here. Following completion of AR-15 Level 2: Practical Rifle it is recommended that you take AR-15 Level 3.