Because we keep these classes extremely small and they usually have a wait list, Skill Builders require a minimum of twenty-four (24 hours) notice to cancel or change dates. If you cancel after that time or no-show the class fees are forfeited.
The AR-15 Skill Builder 3 is taught by Glen Mizer.
- Completion of the SharpShooters USA waiver
- AR-15 Level 1: Rifle Introduction and Manipulations
- AR-15 Level 2: Practical Rifle
- AR-15 Level 3: Dynamic Rifle
- Only the instructor can waive the prerequisites
- Electronic and foam hearing protection
- AR-15 style rifle (a sling is recommended)
- Eye protection
- Rifle already zeroed at 25 yards
- 2 magazines (minimum)
- Minimum 5 dummy rounds
- 220 rounds ammunition (No steel cased or steel projectile ammunition of any kind is allowed)
- Knee pads (recommended but not mandatory)
Minimum number of students: 4
Maximum Students: 8
Skill Builder courses are one (1) hour practice sessions that were created for students to form muscle memory through repetition. With the help of an instructor students will focus on specific skills and drills which will help improve their ability to perform under pressure or in a stressful situation.
Instructional topics and drills include but not limited to:
- Primary hand / alternate hand shooting
- Shooting while moving
- Using cover/concealment
- Alternate shooting positions
- Clearing malfunctions