This course is Pistol Home Defense – Low-Light / No-Light and is taught by Glen Mizer.
- Completion of the SharpShooters USA waiver
- Intro to Defensive Pistol
- Holster Draws or
- Instructor Acceptance
- Eye protection
- Electronic ear protection
- Rental pistol (If you own your own pistol, you are highly encouraged to bring it and use it for the class)
- Semi-automatic pistol of at least 9mm caliber
- Handheld light with buttcap actuator switch
- Weapon Mounted light (optional but recommended)
- Kydex holster to accommodate you weapon/light if applicable
- 100 rounds ammunition (If using a class handgun, ammunition must be purchased through SharpShooters USA).
Maximum number of students: 8
This course is designed to help students develop an understanding of basic firearm manipulation with a weapon mounted light or handheld light in low-light / no-light situations. The student will gradually develop the skills necessary to defense themselves or loved ones in a low light environment.
Instructional topics include but not limited to:
- Firearms safety
- Pros/Cons of handheld vs weapon mounted lights
- Pros/Cons and understanding of lummens
- Use of handheld lights
- Use of weapon mounted lights
- Scanning techniques
- And more…….