The course Defensive Shotgun Level 2 is taught by Glen Mizer.
- Completion of Defensive Shotgun Level 1
- Completion of the SharpShooters USA waiver
- Electronic and foam ear protection
No steel shot allowed in any shotgun courses
- Serviceable shotgun in pump or semi automatic action
- Eye protection
- 50 rounds of 2 ¾ ,7 ½ shot (bird shot) ammunition, 10 rounds of buckshot. Ensure your shotgun is chambered for the ammunition that you plan to use in class.
- Side Saddle or shotshell holder attached to shotgun or worn (suggested but not mandatory); or pants with accessible pockets
- knee pads (suggested but not mandatory)
Minimum number of students: 4
Defensive Shotgun Level 2: Advanced Shotgun continues to build on the basic skills learned in the level 1 course. Students will review select topics from level 1 and then move into more advanced techniques that will help them become proficient and competent while employing the shotgun.
Instructional topics include but are not limited to:
- Firearms safety
- Loading and unloading
- Patterning your shotgun with your home defense ammunition
- Alternate firing techniques
- Using cover and concealment
Your path to becoming a Sharpshooter won’t stop here. Following completion of Defensive Shotgun Level 2 it is recommended that you take Defensive Shotgun Level 3.