- Completion of the SharpShooters USA waiver
- Completion of Defensive Shotgun Level 1 and level 2
- Only and instructor can waiver the prerequisites
- Eye protection
- Electronic and foam hearing protection
No steel shot allowed in any shotgun courses
- Serviceable shotgun in pump or semi automatic action
- 50 rounds of 2 ¾ ,7 ½ shot (bird shot) ammunition, 10 rounds of buckshot. Ensure your shotgun is chambered for the ammunition that you plan to use in class
- Dummy rounds
- Side saddle or shotshell holder attached to shotgun or worn (suggested but not mandatory); or pants with accessible pockets
- Knee pads (suggested but not mandatory)
The course Defensive Shotgun Level 3: The Other Side is taught by Glen Mizer.
Defensive Shotgun Level 3: The Other Side focuses on teaching the shooter how to employ their shotgun from their weak or alternate side in order to shoot around “the other side” of cover and concealment.
Instructional topics include but are not limited to:
- Firearms safety
- Weapon transition
- Alternate hand firing
- Using cover and concealment
- Standing firing position
- Kneeling firing position
- Clearing simple malfunctions
Your path to becoming a Sharpshooter won’t stop here. Following completion of Defensive Shotgun Level 3: The Other Side it is recommended that you take Defensive Shotgun Skill Builder 3: The Other Side. This skill builder is NOT a part of the class and must be purchased separately. These are 1 hour mini sessions designed to practice what you have learned in Defensive Shotgun Level 3: The Other Side to help you retain the information learned and build muscle memory through repetition.