Because we keep these classes extremely small and they usually have a wait list, Skill Builders require a minimum of twenty-four (24 hours) notice to cancel or change dates. If you cancel after that time or no-show the class fees are forfeited.
Defensive Shotgun Skill Builder 2: Advance Shotgun and alternate firing positions course is taught by Glen Mizer.
- Completion of the SharpShooters USA waiver
- Completion of Defensive Shotgun Level 1 and level 2
- Eye protection
- Electronic and foam hearing protection
- Serviceable shotgun in pump or semi automatic action
- 50 rounds of 2 ¾ ,7 ½ shot (bird shot) ammunition, 10 rounds of buckshot. Ensure your shotgun is chambered for the ammunition that you plan to use in class.
- Dummy rounds
- Side saddle or shotshell holder attached to shotgun or worn (suggested but not mandatory); or pants with accessible pockets
- Knee pads (suggested but not mandatory)
Minimum number of students: 4
Skill Builder courses are one (1) hour practice sessions that were created for students to form muscle memory through repetition. With the help of an instructor students will focus on a specific skills and drills which will help improve shooters consistency and ability to perform under pressure or in a stressful situation.
Instructional topics include but are not limited to:
- Firearms safety
- Using cover and concealment
- Alternate firing positions
- Emergency reloads