Defensive Shotgun Skill Builder 3: The Other Side course is taught by Glen Mizer.
- Completion of the SharpShooters USA waiver
- Completion of Defensive Shotgun Level 1, Level 2 and Level 3
- Only an instructor can waive the prerequisites
- Electronic and foam hearing protection
- Serviceable shotgun in pump or semi automatic action
- Eye protection
- 50 rounds of
- Dummy rounds
- Side saddle or shotshell holder attached to shotgun or worn (suggested but not mandatory); or pants with accessible pockets
- Knee pads (suggested but not mandatory)
Skill Builder courses are one (1) hour practice sessions that were created for students to form muscle memory through repetition. With the help of an instructor Students will focus on specific skills and drills which will help improve shooters consistency and ability to perform under pressure or in a stressful situation.
This skill builder continues to explore using cover and concealment when engaging a threat.
Instructional topics include:
- Firearms safety
- Cover and concealment
- Empty weapon engagement
Minimum Students: 4
Maximum Students: 8