Applied Movement July 8th, 2022 / 5pm – 8pm
- Completion of the SharpShooters USA waiver
- In-Depth Pistol or pre-approval from the instructor
- Eye protection
- Electronic ear protection
Equipment Required (Please make sure you arrive with the appropriate equipment. Failure to do so may result in removal from class.):
- Sturdy belt
- Holster (must be a standard Kydex holster unless approved by the instructor prior to the class)
- Mag pouches or equivalent
- Minimum two (2) magazines
- Knee pads (optional)
- Minimum 100 rounds ammunition
This Applied Movement course is taught by Maddy Scholar.
After taking In-Depth Pistol, you are now capable of safely drawing from the holster which opens up the opportunity to incorporate movement into your skill set. This course focuses specifically on safe movement with the pistol, addressing gun/ammo malfunctions, and the utilization of cover/concealment. Please wear clothing and shoes that you are not afraid to get dirty. This course requires a certain level of physical activity.
Some of the areas of instruction include, but are not limited to:
- Target transitions
- Shot calling
- Forward/backward/sideways movement
- Quick start stops
Your path to becoming a Sharpshooter won’t stop here. Following completion of Applied Movement it is recommended that you take Skill Builder 7, Skill Builder 8 and Skill Builder 9. These are NOT a part of the class and must be purchased separately. These are 1 hour mini sessions designed to practice what you have learned in Applied Movement to help you retain the information learned and build muscle memory through repetition.