- This event has passed.
AR-15 Level 1: Rifle Introduction and Manipulation – October 16, 2022 / 2pm – 5pm
October 16, 2022 @ 2:00 pm - 5:00 pm$130.00
This course is AR0-15 Level 1: Rifle Introduction and Manipulation and is taught by Glen Mizer.
- The instructor will conduct an equipment check prior to start-time so arrive 30 minutes prior to class start time
- Please note that should there be an issue with your optic maintaining zero, the instructor reserves the right to have you use a rental rifle for the remainder of the class.
- No experience shooting an AR-15 needed.
- Please have SharpShooters USA waiver completed prior to class.
- AR-15 type rifle should you need one (please note in comments section) **Note: there are a limited number of rifles for use during the class.
- Hearing protection (internal ear pro is recommended with long guns)
- Eye protection
- AR-15 style rifle with sling
- Minimum 3 dummy rounds
- Minimum of 2 magazines
- Prescription or helper glasses should you need them to see small objects
- Minimum 100 rounds ammunition
Maximum Students: 8
This course is designed for the shooter who has little to no experience shooting an AR-15 type firearm. The course is ideal for the new AR-15 owner who desires to begin the path of mastering their rifle or any shooter who would like a refresher on the basic fundamentals and manipulations of the rifle.
This class intentionally maintains a small student to instructor ratio to ensure each student receives the necessary attention from the instructors. This course will incorporate both classroom and range time. Please wear clothes that you do not mind getting dirty.
Instructional topics include but not limited to:
- Firearms safety
- Weapon disassembly
- Weapon reassembly
- Functions check
- Introduction to Mechanical Offset
- Sight manipulation
- Prone firing position
- Trigger squeeze
- Zeroing weapons primary sights/sighting procedures
- Standing firing position
- Weapon controls manipulation