AR-15 Skill Builder 1 – September 27th, 2022 / 7pm – 8pm
Because we keep these classes extremely small and they usually have a wait list, Skill Builders require a minimum of twenty-four (24 hours) notice to cancel or change dates. If you cancel after that time or no-show the class fees are forfeited.
The AR-15 Skill Builder 1 is taught by Glen Mizer.
- Completion of the SharpShooters USA waiver
- AR-15 Level 1: Rifle Introduction and Manipulations
- Only the instructor can waive the prerequisite
- Hearing protection
- Eye protection
- AR-15 style rifle with sling
- Rifle must already be zeroed at 25 yards
- 2 magazines (minimum)
- Minimum 3 dummy rounds
- 100 rounds ammunition
Minimum number of students: 4
Maximum number of students: 8
Skill Builder courses are one (1) hour practice sessions that were created for students to form muscle memory through repetition. With the help of an instructor students will focus on specific skills and preform drills which will help improve their ability to perform under pressure or in a stressful situation.
In the AR-15 Skill Builder 1 course students will focus on:
- Loading and unloading
- Standing – “Up” drills (high ready and low ready)
- Emergency reloads
- Tactical reloads
- Clearing a simple malfunction
- Removing and inspecting the BCG (Bolt Carrier Group)