- This event has passed.
Defensive Shotgun: Level 1 June 18, 2022 / 2pm – 5pm
This course is Defensive Shotgun: Level 1 and is taught by Glen Mizer.
- Completion of the SharpShooters USA waiver
- Eye protection
- Electronic ear protection
- Rental firearm (Please note that if using a rental firearm for training, ammunition must be purchased from Sharpshooters USA.) We only have 1 rental firearm for use during this class so please make sure to indicated on your order form that you will need use it.
- Serviceable shotgun
- 10 rounds of 2 ¾ buckshot ammunition. Ensure your shotgun is chambered for the ammunition that you plan to use in class.
Minimum number of students: 4
Defensive Shotgun: Level 1 is a comprehensive course designed for the shooter who has little to no experience shooting a shotgun, or for the user who has decided to use a shotgun for defense purposes. Course instruction will consist of class discussion, demonstrations, drill and practice, and practical application live fire on the range. The student will learn how to safely and accurately use a shotgun for recreational target shooting or for self-defense. The advantages and disadvantages of different types of ammunition will also be discussed in detail.
Instruction topics include, but are not limited to:
- Firearms safety
- Shotgun uses
- Shotgun components
- Ammunition anatomy and types
- Home defense ammunition
- Effects and considerations of ammunition
- And more…