Intro to Handgun Safety and Marksmanship October 8, 2022 / 9am – 1pm
Intro to Handgun Safety and Marksmanship class is taught by John New.
- Completion of the SharpShooters waiver
- Eye protection
- Electronic ear protection
- Rental pistol (If you have our own pistol, you are highly encouraged to bring it and use it for the class)
- 50 round of ammunition. If using a class handgun, ammunition must be purchased through SharpShooters USA.
Minimum number of students: 4
This class is designed for the individual with very limited or no experience shooting handguns who is interested in learning how to safely and accurately use a handgun for recreational target shooting and/or personal safety protection. This course will focus on Marksmanship. Time will be spent in the classroom and on SharpShooters USA’s state-of-the-art firing range for practical exercise. The focus of this course is range and home safety, developing an understanding of the fundamentals of marksmanship, and learning how to use dry fire practice to increase shooting ability. Students will have the opportunity to fire up to 50 rounds of ammunition with an instructor’s assistance.
Instruction topics include but are not limited to:
4 Rules of Handgun Safety:
- Treat all Firearms as if they were loaded and ready to fire
- Never point the muzzle at anything you are not willing to destroy
- Keep your finger OFF the trigger unless you are in the act of firing an aimed shot
- Be sure of your target and what lies beyond it
7 Fundamentals of Accurate Shooting:
- Sight picture
- Sight alignment
- Trigger control
- Breathing control