- This event has passed.
Pistol Skill Builder 1: Intro to Journaling and Fundamentals Assessment June 2, 2022 / 5pm – 6pm
Because we keep these classes extremely small and they usually have a wait list, Skill Builders require a minimum of twenty-four (24 hours) notice to cancel or change dates. If you cancel after that time or no-show the class fees are forfeited.
The Pistol Skill Builder 1: Intro to Journaling and Fundamentals Assessment course is taught by Maddy Scholar.
- Intro to Defensive Pistol or instructor acceptance
- Eye protection
- Electronic ear protection
- Rental firearm (Please note that if using a rental firearm for training, ammunition must be purchased from Sharpshooters USA.)
- 2 magazines (minimum)
- 50 rounds of ammunition (minimum)
Minimum Number of Students: 4
Skill Builder courses are one (1) hour practice sessions that were created for students to form muscle memory through repetition. With the help of an instructor Students will focus on a specific skill and preform drills which will help improve shooters consistency and ability to perform under pressure or in a stressful situation. In the Pistol Skill Builder 1: Intro to Journaling and Fundamentals Assessment course students will focus on:
- Understanding how you retain information
- Journaling your training sessions
- Proper loading and unloading techniques
- Review of stance, grip, sighting and trigger mechanics
- Fundamentals skill assessment in preparation for Skill Builders 2 and 3