This In-Depth Pistol – Holster Draw course is taught by Maddy Scholar.
- Completion of the SharpShooters USA waiver
- Intro to Defensive Shooting, Intro to Handgun Safety and Marksmanship, or pre-approval from the instructor
- Eye protection
- Electronic ear protection
Equipment Required (Please make sure you arrive with the appropriate equipment. Failure to do so may result in removal from class.):
- Sturdy belt
- Holster (must be a standard Kydex holster unless approved by the instructor prior to the class)
- Mag pouches or equivalent
- Minimum two (2) magazines
- Minimum 200 rounds ammunition
Minimum number of students: 4
After you have developed a basic understanding of pistol shooting, it is time to polish your skills and begin to develop the next crucial skill that is essential to range based training and concealed carry: Holster Draws. With holster draws being the main focus for this class, you will leave prepared to take any of our other courses, which is why this course serves as the prerequisite to all of the Applied pistol courses.
Some of the areas of discussion include, but are not limited to:
- Review of Fundamentals
- Press checking and creating precautious habits
- Overt hoslter draws
- Covert holster draws
- Emergency slide lock magazine changes
Your path to becoming a Sharpshooter won’t stop here. Following completion of In-Depth Pistol – Holster Draws, it is recommended that you take Pistol Skill Builder – Holster Draws. This is NOT a part of the class and must be purchased separately. This is a 3 hour session designed to practice what you have learned in In-Depth Pistol – Holster Draws to help you retain the information learned and build muscle memory through repetition.