The USCCA Handgun Fundamentals and Intro to Self-Defense class is taught by Maddy Scholar.
The USCCA Handgun Fundamentals and Intro to Self-Defense class has a focus on the use of firearms in a self-defense situation. It is a comprehensive training course designed for the individual with very limited or no experience shooting handguns. In this class, you will learn how to safely and accurately use a handgun for recreational target shooting and/or personal safety protection. Interactive classroom and live-fire range time will be combined to assist the student in developing an understanding of basic pistol fundamentals. The student will begin to work toward becoming proficient and comfortable handling, shooting, and storing their handgun. Students will have the opportunity to fire up to 50 rounds of ammunition with an instructor’s assistance.
Instructional topics include but are not limited to:
- Introduction to defensive shooting fundamentals
- Discussion regarding the basic knowledge, skills and mindset for owning and operating a handgun safely
- Hands-on introduction to firearm basics for pistol & revolver
- Universal firearm safety rules
- Proper shooting techniques including grip, stance, sight alignment, sight picture, trigger control, etc.
- Considerations when purchasing a firearm
- Extensive discussion on ammunition types and their proper usage
- And more…..