Defensive Rifle Introduction July 16th, 2022 / 2pm – 5pm
This course is Rifle Introduction and is taught by Ruby Cabral.
- There will be an equipment check prior to start-time so make sure you arrive 30 minutes early.
- Please note that should there be an issue with the optic holding a zero, the instructor reserves the right to have the student use a rental rifle for the remainder of the class time.
- No experience shooting a rifle needed.
- Completion of the SharpShooters USA waiver
- Carbine/AR-15 style rifle should you need one (please note in comments section) **Note: there are a limited number of rifles for use during the class
- Eye protection
- Electronic ear protection
- Carbine/AR-15 style rifle
- Minimum of 2 magazines
- Minimum 100 round ammunition
Minimum number of students: 4
This course is designed for the shooter who has little to no experience shooting a carbine type firearm. The course is ideal for the new carbine owner who desires to begin the path of mastering their rifle. This class will incorporate both classroom and range time.
Instructional topics and drills include but not limited to:
- Rules of firearms safety
- Basic carbine nomenclature
- Basic carbine function
- Grip / sight / stance
- Optics zeroing
- Safe handling positions (weapons manipulations)