This course is Applied Positioning and is taught by Maddy Scholar.
- Completion of the SharpShooters USA waiver
- In-Depth Pistol or pre-approval from the instructor
- Eye protection
- Electronic ear protection
Equipment required (Please make sure you arrive with the appropriate equipment. Failure to do so may result in removal from class.):
- Sturdy belt
- Holster (must be a standard Kydex holster unless approved by the instructor prior to the class)
- Mag pouches or equivalent
- Minimum two (2) magazines
- Minimum 100 rounds ammunition
After taking In-Depth Pistol, you are now capable of safely drawing from the holster which opens up the opportunity to incorporate positional shooting into your skill set. Whether you find yourself in the context of competition shooting or defensive shooting, you may be caught in an unconventional position. This class gives you a chance to apply the fundamentals to various positions related to cover/concealment. Please wear clothing and shoes that you are not afraid to get dirty. this course requires a certain level of physical activity.
Some of the areas of instruction include, but are not limited to:
- Concept of cover/concealment
- Unconventional positions
- One-handed shooting
Your path to becoming a Sharpshooter won’t stop here. Following completion of Applied Positioning it is recommended that you take Pistol Skill Builder – Positioning. These are NOT a part of the class and must be purchased separately. These are 1 hour mini sessions designed to practice what you have learned in Applied Positioning to help you retain the information learned and build muscle memory through repetition.