Back in March, we hinted at a series of precision rifle classes. We had a fantastic response, and filled 3 Precision Rifle Class 1 (PRC1) classes in May and June. The technical details of long range, precision shooting can seem overwhelming, but the instructor, former US Army Sniper & Sniper Instructor Kent Gilbert, brings it all down to earth so you can soak it up. Based on the success of PRC1, we’re happy to announce Precision Rifle 2 classes on July 10th and July 24th. These classes will take place at our outdoor shooting range near White Plains, GA. Because the classes are entirely outdoors, they will be dependent upon the weather.
Precision Rifle 2 Dates & Cost
We are offering Precision Rifle 2 on the following dates:
- Saturday, July 10, 8AM – 5PM (sign up here)
- Saturday, July 24, 8AM – 5PM (sign up here)
- Saturday, August 7, if required due to inclement (i.e. hotter than Hades) weather
The cost of the Precision Rifle 2 class is $400, or $360 (10% off) for SharpShooters members
PRC2 Requirements & Prerequisites
In order to attend PRC2, you must have attended and completed PRC1. If you were unable to attend one of the three PRC1 classes, you have the option to make arrangements with the instructor, Kent Gilmore (email@example.com), to meet the requirements of PRC 1 or to obtain the equivalent training as a private lesson.
We will conduct the PRC2 training class at our outdoor range near White Plains, GA, just about 2 hours from SharpShooters. The exact location and driving instructions to the range will be emailed after acceptance into the course. The course will start promptly at 8AM. Therefore, if you wish to drive out the night before class starts, there are multiple hotels nearby if you would like to drive down the night before.
What does Precision Rifle 2 Cover?
PRC2 is the second offering in the Precision Rifle Shooting series, and the class will focus on:
- Outdoor range safety
- Establishing and confirming your rifle’s zero
- Grouping and consistent engagements at 100 / 300
- Building your precision shooting position
- Basic precision shooting fundamentals
- Gathering data (DOPE) out to 600+ yards
- Spotting shots and calling adjustments
- Introduction to wind reading
PRC2 Class Information
For Precision Rifle 2, class sizes are limited to 10 students to maintain the necessary instructor-to-student ratio.
NONREFUNDABLE: All PRC2 course payments are nonrefundable. Life happens, so if you are not able to attend the course you signed up for, you are required to let us know at least 7 days in advance. If you do so, we can possibly move you to another course date. If you provide no notice or shorter notice, we will not issue any refunds. Therefore, we recommend that shooters not register for PRC2 unless they commit to attending the training class.
PRC2 Equipment List
Students will use the following items for Precision Rifle 2, and each of these items can be ordered at Sharpshooters. For the required items, we will do a “gear check” before the class starts.
- PPE: Eye and ear protection
- Rifle: 308, 6.5mm, 6mm or similar caliber precision rifle capable of one minute of angle accuracy (Limited number of rental rifles are available from SSUSA)
- Ammo: Match ammunition (minimum 100 rounds)
- Optic: Quality rifle scope with adjustable turrets and MIL or MOA reticle
- Shoes: Durable closed toe footwear
- Water (provided by SharpShooters)
- Rear Bag
- Pen, pencil, highlighter
- Rifle data book or notebook
- Pants and long sleeved shirt
- Food/Lunch to snack on throughout the day
- Shooting Mat
- Sunscreen/bug repellent
We’ve received 100% very positive feedback and reviews of PRC1, both instructor and class content. So, we’re very excited to take Precision Rifle 2 outdoors and ping steel!